Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: A couple anime things...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member UrashimaNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,509
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Saw these coming out in Japan, but saw over at action-figure.com today that Yamato USA is going to release then here too.

    The first one is this:

    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwDpAjAS8zAKhWSp9tH!ATZeHAhSu!upKCWBHYvT!a3wK9d9N MWOs53Mv8yA70NInLAe9MZJNqa*mAGBzynkqdAw9FD!KDcY/1.jpg?dc=4675485558508755003[/img]

    Didnt give it a second thought when I first saw it, but its starting to grow on me. Vash is definitely a badass, and the Kaiyodo fig shows that. But that always left me with a weird feeling. While he is a badass in the show, we rarely see that side of him in the anime. The majority of the time, he's fun-loving/goofy Vash. And thats what this statue shows. His other side.

    AnimeNation has it up for preorder for $34.99, due 8/30. With that date, I assume it the Japanese release they are selling. And that price isnt helping my resitance to purchase...

    And the second thing is this:


    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RAAAACkUUrOxiwjBLlu*PSBvO1*GiFefZTuWah00FEdhqibX3 *f6tHncZYBEdiPFnmvfadkh5iLzFyKxqtIYVZXJ7vEE1BodMQn yFcNVjx4/bottle.JPG?dc=4675485558539646953[/img]

    WAIT WAIT! Dont get turned off by the pics. Let me explain: I checked out this anime because the art looked pretty good, but i had no idea the story. It was extremely lame. Well, the two eps i forced myself to watch aanyway. I HATED this anime. I think it was geared towards a MUCH younger audience than the anime I'm used to. But dammit, if these little things arent the most adorable things I've seen! They're almost TOO cute. SO much so that I almost want to vomit over the cuteness of them.

    But I cant deny that I'm drawn to them. I spotted them over at HLJ a couple weeks ago, and the price point was ridiculously low. They are "PVC Statuettes", which are usually high priced, but HLJ has them selling for around 14 bucks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mr. Bungle's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,348
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...you didn't say what anime the second ones are from. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I love that Vash, that's the Vash I always think of, so I might get that figure in its US release.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UrashimaNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,509
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oops! the anime is called "Bottle Fairy". Those PVC's are about 5 inches, which is probably at 1:1 scale, if not bigger than the actualy characters.

    and yeah, those are my exact thoughts on Vash

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mr. Bungle's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,348
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bottle Fairy seems like a show I'd like... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •